How we change what others think, feel, believe and do
Sales Coaching Cold Calling Tips
Guest articles > Sales Coaching Cold Calling Tips
by: Jeremy J. Ulmer
1. Most people do not enjoy cold calling, but they need to realize it has to be done. It really is a mind-set. You have to set time daily to call, and make it part of your daily behavior/activities.
2. Not everyone will be a fit and that is ok! If they say “No” or “No Thanks!” that is totally fine. You are simply finding out who might be a fit or not. There will be less pressure on you if you keep that mind-set.
3. Celebrate the little sales. When you land a meeting or secure a conference call appointment, celebrate it on your own or with your team.
4. Get creative on the call and be yourself.
5. Recommend you attempt some calls prior to 8AM local time and after 5:00PM local time. Try some on Sat and Sun as well if needed!
6. Treat the prospect the way you would want to be treated, don’t hold them on the phone. If they don’t have time to talk now, call back. Remember, you are popping into their day unexpected, so be very courteous.
7. Focus on seeing if there is a mutual fit or not, versus making the sale. Then, focus on setting an appointment versus making a sale.
8. Gain their attention quickly, be concise and clear as to why you are calling…and then, LISTEN to their challenges/goals and struggles.
9. Quickly explain what is in it for them and the potential value of an appointment.
10. Start at the top and DO NOT GIVE UP.
Published here on: 18-Oct-09
And the big