How we change what others think, feel, believe and do
Guest articles > Sales Habits
by: Drew Stevens
In my new book (Customer Acceleration – How to Acquire and Retain Clients with Velocity), I outline the essential habits of those sales representatives and their sales managers that have the skills and techniques to develop customer center relationships and accelerate revenue. Here is a sample of those items:
1. Those that sell read voraciously including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and other national business and financial news.
2. Great sales agents constantly research their accounts to understand buyer behavior and trends.
3. They do not get discouraged at every bump in the road. True sellers know how to marginalize issues and treat volatile times as learning times.
4. Those with innate sales talents are not afraid to question and learn. They engage in self- mastery and seek council when needed.
5. They find coaches and develop mastermind groups to encourage success and ensure key performance indicators are met.
6. Great sellers know how to find key economic buyers. They are relentless to find those that make decisions.
7. They are not afraid to fail.
8. Their research allows for provocative conversation, great debate and truly understanding the potential clients issue.
9. They do not engage in rote exercises (i.e. cold calling etc.).
10. They network aggressively.
11. They constantly seek multiple referrals.
12. They sell based on emotion. Sellers know how to stimulate the buyer to making a proper decision.
13. Innate sellers develop customer relationships and shy away from transactional experiences.
14. They value customer service and the customer experience.
In my 29 years of selling and coaching I have used each of these and more to develop a successful business career. My concern for client and eliminating wasted time were keys in reaching those and 25 other concepts. I suggest integrating these into your business development day.
© 2011. Drew J Stevens PhD. All rights reserved.
Drew Stevens Ph.D. President of Stevens Consulting Group is one of those very rare sales management and business development experts with not only 28 years of true sales experience but advanced degrees in sales productivity. Not many can make such as claim. Drew works with sales managers and their direct reports to create more customer centric relationships that dramatically drive new revenues and new clients. He is the author of Split Second Selling and the founder and coordinator of the Sales Leadership Program at Saint Louis University. Contact him today at 877-391-6821.
Contributor: Drew Stevens
Published here on: 29-May-11
And the big