> Sales >
When a sales person demonstrates a feature, talks about a benefit or uses a
sales closing technique, their
customer may well respond in the negative sense, giving excuses or otherwise
heading away from the sale. The response to this is to handle these objections.
This is 'objection-handling'.
Articles about objection-handling
Objection-handling techniques and methods
- Boomerang: Bouncing back what they
- Objection Chunking: Taking a higher
or lower viewpoint.
- Conditional Close: Make
closure a condition for resolving their objection.
- Curiosity: Don't be sad, be curious.
- Deflection: Avoid responding to
objection, just letting it pass.
Fallback: Step back and remove reason to object.
Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD): A negative but effective ploy.
- Feel, felt, found: A classic way of
- Humor: Respond with humor rather than
- Justification: Say how
reasonable the objection is.
- LAARC: Listen, Acknowledge, Assess, Respond,
- LAIR: Listen, Acknowledge, Identify
objection, Reverse it.
- Objection Writing: Write down and
cross out objections.
- Pre-empting: Handle them
before they happen.
- Pushback: Object to their objection.
- Reframing: Change their cognitive
- Renaming: Change the words to change
- Reprioritize: So
ones you can't handle are lower.
- Writing: Write down objections then
cross them off as you handle them.
resistance, Defensive body
Resistance to change,
Review: Getting Past